The 6th Annual Public Performance Measurement & Reporting Conference
Friday, September 20, 2013 - Trenton, NJ
8:00 am-4:00 pm
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Advancing Public Service Goals: Using Performance Measurement Data
Conference Chair: Professor. Sanjay K. Pandey
Public organizations are under increasing pressures to improve performance and save money. Many are already tracking performance data, but the question remains as to how to leverage the data and achieve cost savings, especially in the face of budget cutbacks. The overarching goal of the conference is to share and discuss performance management theories and models that are both exemplary and practical. Proposals of interest could address one of the following themes (or a closely related one):
- How are different performance data used for different purposes?
- Do different levels of an organization need different types of data?
- How can performance information be communicated effectively and efficiently?
- How can data collected and prepared for reporting to external stakeholders be made useful for internal capacity building?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of performance measurement benchmarking?
- What is the positive or negative impact of reporting performance internally and externally?
- What would make political stakeholders supportive of using performance data for decision-making?
- What are the challenges to setting performance standards?
- How can employee interest in performance information be sustained?
- What kinds of training needs have been identified for successful implementation of performance management?
- Case studies exploring the effect of performance information on cost savings
We encourage academics, practitioners and students to submit presentation proposals through the conference’s online system no later than Friday, June 21, 2013. Notification of proposal acceptance will be sent by Friday, July 5, 2013. Any questions regarding the proposal submission process may be directed to: Peter Hoontis, Associate Dean at
(The subject line should read, “6th Annual PPMRN Conference”).